2015 - 2016 Meal Prices
- Paid Breakfast...................$1.25
- Reduced Breakfast.............$0.30
Breakfast is served daily from 8:30 am to 9:00 at Curtisville and East Union. Breakfast is also available daily in the middle school and high school from 7:10 to 7:45 am.
** NEW 2015-2016 Lunch Prices
- Curtisville/East Union Paid Lunch..............$2.50
- Middle/High School Paid Lunch.................$2.75
- Reduced Lunch........................................$0.40
Free / Reduced Application
COMPASS provides an easy, convenient and confidential application for free and reduced meals. Click on the link below to apply online. You may apply for the 2015 - 2016 school year beginning on July 1, 2015.
Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Access to Social Services Web Site
Lunch Account Balances
Parents may now access their child's cafeteria balance at any time using www.payforit.net. You will not be assigned a username and password; parents may set up an account at their convenience using their child's account number and full name. Payments may be made 24 hours a day or recurrent payments may also be set up. There is no fee to access your child's account balance or your child's account activity. However, there is a 5.75% convenience fee for online payments; please note that you may continue to pay with cash or check if you wish to avoid this fee. Please see attached document for instructions on how to set up your account, as well as frequently asked questions.
Pay For It Questions(.pdf)
2015 - 2016 Cafeteria Procedures
In order for you to better understand daily operations in the DLSD cafeterias, please review the following procedures:
- A computerized debit system is in place in all schools. Every student has been assigned a PIN, which is their student ID number. Students must enter their PIN regardless if they have cash or are using money on account.
- Any amount of money may be sent in for your child's cafeteria account. Please return a form (mailed home a few weeks prior to the start of school) if you wish to restrict your child's access to ala carte items, breakfast and additional purchases. A notation will be placed on your child's account if you return the form. Students will be allowed to purchase extras unless we receive a note from the parent indicating otherwise.
- Students may pay cash each day for purchases. Maintaining a balance is encouraged, but not required.
- Students are expected to have money in their account in anticipation of purchases, unless they are paying with cash. A maximum amount of three meal charges in which the student does not have cash or money on account will be permitted before an alternate meal of peanut butter and jelly will be provided in grades 3-12. Substitutions will be provided for students with special dietary needs.
- Balances from the previous school year will be available for use on the first day of school. Please remember that any money remaining at the end of the current school year will be forwarded to the following school year; refunds will not be issued unless a student is withdrawing from the district or is graduating.
- Students eligible for free meals do not need to make deposits. However, they are welcome to deposit money for extras. The system is coded to recognize that your child is free or reduced when they enter their PIN. Therefore, a child's status remains completely confidential.
- Please make all checks payable to Deer Lakes Cafeteria Fund. Checks returned from the bank are subject to a $25 service fee.
- Parents may request a detailed activity report at any time for their child's account. The report will outline every transaction on your child's account. If you wish to request one, please email Lindsay Radzvin at email@example.com.
- On 2-hour delay days, breakfast will be served. Cold Breakfast only will be available at the MS/HS from 9:30-9:45. Delayed breakfast time at CV/EU are 10:45-11am. The cafeterias will mostly follow the regularly scheduled lunch menu.
Start the new school year off on the right foot.
Eating a balanced and nutritious diet, coupled with at least 30 minutes of daily activity, will allow your children to perform their best in the classroom. Below are some of the most important tips to impress to your child in order to enhance their ability to learn:
- Eat Breakfast every day. Children should eat about 25% of their daily calorie intake at breakfast. Breakfast consumption is especially necessary for kids to refuel their bodies and brains, enabling them to pay attention in class and avoid the mid-morning slump.
- Don't skip Meals. Growing bodies need refueled about every 4-5 hours. Nutritious snacks such as grapes, baby carrots or yogurt can be eaten in between meals to keep their bodies nourished.
- Eat the right kinds of carbohydrates. Carbohydrates provide our bodies with energy and are the foundation of our diets. However, not all carbohydrates are created equally. A variety of whole, fresh fruits, vegetables and grains are the best carbohydrate choices.
Here's a list of some great informational websites from around the net:
Point of Sale System
The cafeteria is now using a computerized debit system. This system allows us to provide better service to both students and parents, as well as account for all meals served at Deer Lakes. Each student has been assigned a personal identification number that is confidential and should not be shared with other students. This protects the anonymity of those students receiving free or reduced meals. As long as the student continues to be enrolled at Deer Lakes, the same number will be utilized.
We encourage all students to place advanced payment on their account. This allows the lines to run smoothly, prevents money from being lost and is convenient. Cash or checks will be accepted for deposits. Checks should have the student's name and meal account number noted and should be made payable to Deer Lakes Cafeteria Fund. Payments can be made for any amount of money. An account balance cannot be shared by different children in the same household.
Check out this website for more information about free summer meals for children offered in our area:
Summer Meal Flyer (.pdf)
We Want to Hear from You!!
For any questions, concerns or general feedback, please contact the Deer Lakes Director of Food Services:
Lindsay Radzvin, MS, RD
Director of Food Service
(724)-265-5300 ext. 5685