Lancer Academy, a classroom of the 21st century, combines both traditional and modern modes of education to create a highly supportive and innovative learning program. Deer Lakes partners with the Allegheny Intermediate Unit to provide multiple options for our students.
Lancer Academy Handbook
Lancer Academy provides students with choice to fit their individual needs.
- Students can opt for:
- Full-time cyber school
- A blended schedule combining online and traditional classes.
- Or simply one course.
- Full-time online students
- Must complete an initial four week online learning training period in the computer lab.
- Students are taught how to be a successful online learner while starting their coursework.
- If students do not prove their ability to complete coursework in a successful and timely manner, then they stay in the lab until they prove otherwise.
- The support staff and computer lab are minutes away from home in the event that a full-time online student needs to come in to work.
- Students and families are contacted on a regular basis to report progress.
- Single course students,
- Report to the computer lab every day at a scheduled time to work on their online course.
- A variety of AP courses are available
- Multiple foreign language options and electives not taught in the high school
- Credit recovery students
- Students can recover lost credit online in the summer, or during the school year when completing their remaining coursework in the classroom.
Click on the following link to browse the current courses offered at Lancer Academy:
** Students taking electives not taught in the high school or credit recovery courses will be required to pay a tuition cost for that course**
If you have any questions call or email Michael River, Online Learning support/Coordinator.
Online Learning Support/Coordinator
724-265-5320 ext. 2203