Deer Lakes School District is proud to continue our goal of preparing our students for the 21st century. Each student will be loaned a device(iPad or Chromebook) that will be theirs for the entire school year. Students in grades 6-12 will be able to take their device home with them from the start of the school year.
Our K-3 students will receive their device (iPad) in their classroom. These devices will stay in the classroom unless directed to go home by the administration.
Students in grades 4-5 will receive a Chromebook in their classroom. The devices will stay in the classroom unless directed to go home by the administration.
Grades 6-12 will receive a Chromebook that will be able to go home with the student at the start of the school year.
By going one-to-one there are a few procedures that the parents/students need to be aware of.
- Devices are the property of Deer Lakes School District
- Students need to charge the device at home. All devices have an 8-12 hour battery to last throughout the school day.
- DLSD will offer an annual Technology Protection Plan to protect against accidental damage.
- Devices are filtered 24/7 against inappropiate websites per CIPA(Children's Internet Protection Act) guidelines. Teachers have the ability to monitor student use throughout the day.
- The DLSD AUP is in effect 24/7 when using the device.