The district strongly supports the involvement of parent/guardian and community volunteers. State law now requires that any volunteer who has direct contact with students to have necessary clearances on file with the district.
What forms are necessary?
The district requires the following clearances:
In addition, the following form must be signed and submitted:
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance (Act 151)
- Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check (Act 34)
- FBI Federal Criminal History Record (Act 114)
- Volunteers who have resided in Pennsylvania for ALL of the past ten years may request a waiver of the FBI Fingerprint Clearance.
Acquiring the clearance documents takes time and we recommend that parents planning on volunteering in the schools complete the process as soon as possible. The documents will remain on file with the District for THREE years at which time new clearances will be necessary.
- Acknowledgement of Volunteer Obligations - required for all those submitting clearances. Download a copy below.